Privacy & Personal Data Policy
This Privacy & Personal Data Policy is to inform you of our privacy and personal data processing practices which Finnworlds (may be referred to as “us”, “we”, “our”) collect through the Finnworlds Website www.finnworlds.com (“Website”) and through the Services (refers to API subscription services, standalone database purchases, customer support, Website use collectively) we provide, the measures we take to keep these safe and comply with the law, and to inform you of your rights about your privacy and personal data.
In this notice, you will find information about:
- The types of personal data we collect,
- Where and with whom can these be transferred to,
- How you can keep your information up-to-date,
- What we do to keep your privacy and personal data safe,
- How we handle the changes in the policy and the law,
- How to take action in case of misuse or unauthorized access to personal data.
What Data Do We Collect? How and Why Do We Collect It?
Personal data can be any information on real persons that may be used to identify you, such as name, email address, phone number, title, etc. Providing personal data is not required to browse the Website. We use web analytics tools to analyze the traffic to our Website as well as the visitor behavior. The information collected for this purpose is anonymous.
We process the following personal data: name, company title, country, address, email address, payment information (credit card or PayPal details which may be collectively referred to as “Billing Information”) through our Website.
We process your personal data:
- To inform you of the changes in this Policy, our Terms and Conditions of service, or our practices that may affect you or require your permission,
- To provide you with the Services (refers to API subscriptions, standalone database purchases, support regarding these, information and content provided on the Website collectively),
- To process the payments for the Services,
- To issue invoices,
- To answer your support requests,
- To contact you for the promotion of our existing or future services or for marketing purposes (you may opt-out anytime),
- To improve or maintain the quality of the Services,
- To ensure personal data security and to avoid any unauthorized process, access, transfer, duplication, destruction, alteration of it,
- To contact you about matters arising from your use of the Services such as your API call usage, unauthorized access, compliance with the Terms and Conditions,
- To comply with our obligations arising from the currently applicable law and take the necessary measure to ensure we continue to do so if there are further changes in the law,
- To comply with other legal obligations. Sometimes, courts or other authorities may require us to transfer and in other ways process your personal data for an ongoing investigation or judicial proceeding. We will process the required personal data to the extent that we comply with these requirements. Likewise, in the case of our legitimate interest in protection against misuse or abuse of the Services, we may transfer your personal data to courts or relevant authorities for protection against any wrongful acts against Finnworlds,
- To comply with our obligations arising from the Terms and Conditions of use.
The credit card information is naturally submitted on the Website, however, do not store any credit card information. This information is used by our payment processor partners to ensure the payment is made in a safe environment. We only work with payment processor companies that are leading and trusted establishments in their sector.
This information is processed to run analytics to provide which countries and regions show interest in our Services and how people navigate through our Website to ultimately improve the quality of our Services. Additionally, the data collected aims to save you time for the next time you visit the Website by remembering your information, so you do not have to submit them more than once.
Allowing Cookies to collect this information is completely optional and after you agree to it, It is possible to clear these Cookie logs anytime on your browser.
We do not sell, trade, rent, transfer your personal data to third parties. We care about the privacy of your personal data and will not subject these to expose you to unreliable marketers. However, only if you opt-in, your non-personal data might be shared with common social network platforms and advertisement space providers such as Facebook for the sole purpose of the personalization of your advertisements.
We may transfer and disclose your personal data with our partners or affiliates to the extent that this is necessary to duly provide the Services.
We may sometimes transfer and disclose your personal data to outsourced consultants to the extent that this is necessary to duly provide our Services. In this case, the transferred personal data will be limited to the purpose of the service we receive from such outsourced consultants and the security of these will be ensured with detailed non-disclosure agreements made by and between such consultants. These outsourced consultants can be accounting, legal, banking, insurance, audit, or cyber security professionals.
How We Keep Your Personal Data Secure
– We make sure to take all technical and administrative measures to keep your data. For this, we work with the most reliable server providers, train our staff on data protection and receive data security services from professionals. This way, we aim to avoid any harm or loss to your personal data by means of unlawful access, destruction or alteration, accidents, unlawful transfers that can happen in online and offline environments.
– We keep our Website secure. Any data you submit on the Website is transmitted by complying with the encryption standards as you may confirm by checking the “https” certificate at our Website address.
– No security measures can provide absolute 100% safety and security. As the owners of your personal data, we kindly encourage you to set up optimal security settings on the devices that you access the Services and the Website. We encourage you to keep your passwords, API key or other personal data in secure environments, formats and places as Finnworlds cannot be responsible for the unauthorized third parties that get hold of your passwords, API key or other personal data for this reason.
We are a company founded and registered in Europe. As a result, we are fully committed to complying with the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and data owners’ rights from GDPR which is our leading source in determining our data processing practices.
GDPR, in detail, determines and explains how personal data must be collected, processed and transferred by data controllers and how the data owners must be informed about these practices. If you have any questions, requests, concerns or comments about how we practice our obligations from GDPR, or about your rights within it, feel free to contact us anytime.
GDPR grants all data owners;
- The Right to Information
- The Right of Access
- The Right to Rectification
- The Right to Erasure
- The Right to Restriction of Processing
- The Right to Data Portability
- The Right to Object
- The Right to Avoid Automated Decision-Making
You have the right to withdraw your consent on the processing of your personal data by us as well as the right to request to permanently delete these, at all times.
In case of any changes in your personal data, you are required to let us know of such changes or update this information through the Website. Finnworlds cannot be held liable for damages that may arise as a result of out-of-date personal data.
If you believe the way we collect, process, and transfer your personal data infringes your rights within the GDPR, you may exercise your right to make a complaint to the relevant authority in the member state of your residence, workplace, or the place of the alleged infringement. You may view the contact details of data protection authorities at https://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection- authorities/index_en.htm
Finnworlds does not allow or knowingly process any data or information in relation to minors under the age of 16 and in no way knowingly provide the Services to them.
You may find external links on Finnworlds Website from time to time. These may be direct links or hyperlinks that lead to an external website once you click them. Finnworlds cannot be held responsible for the content, information, or data security measures taken by the external link owners. Please make sure you trust these external link owners before you leave our Website and enter these external websites.
The data we collect through the Website or as we receive them from you when we provide you with the Services may sometimes be transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). We take all technical and administrative measures to ensure your data is transferred safely for international transfers. For example, we only work with trusted and certified server providers and cloud systems that transfer your data. We train our staff on GDPR and data processing methods regarding international transfers of personal data. Your complete rights arising from this Privacy and Personal Data Policy, the GDPR, and other applicable law will still be valid for international transfers.
In case of material changes to this Privacy and Personal Data Policy, we will send you a notification via email that informs you of the changes. In this case, we will ask you to agree to the new version of the Policy. Should you decide you do not wish to agree on the changes and would like to revoke your consent about us processing your personal data, we will stop processing your personal data. However, this may mean that we may no longer provide you with the Services wholly or partially.
Consent to the Policy
You hereby agree to this Privacy and Personal Data Policy by visiting our Website or using the Services provided by Finnworlds. If you have any questions about this Policy or requests about your personal data rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org